The Z-CAM E2-S6 EF Mount Super 35mm 6K Cinema Camera shoots professional high-definition cinema footage using a Super 35 sensor with 10-bit 4:2:2 color support and nominal 14 stops of dynamic range. It supports timecode, shoots up to 6K at up to 60 fps, and records data up to 300 Mb/s onto CFast 2.0 media.
Supported recording formats include ZRAW format, MOV, and MP4 using H.265 for 10-bit recording, while H.264 supports 8-bit recording, and firmware 0.88 allows the camera to record in the ZRAW format. It's HDMI 2.0 port supports 4K60, 10-bit 4:2:2 video output. Audio is recorded in 24-bit 48 kHz using AAC or PCM (PCM for MOV format only) through its 3.5mm stereo jack or via a separately available XLR connector using its 5-pin LEMO port.
The E2-S6 can be controlled via serial ports, a 2.5mm LANC connector, a USB Type-C port, an Ethernet port, or by the Z Camera iOS app to control the camera via Wi-Fi and to view a live image preview and to configure settings. The camera can record time-lapse, slow motion, and can even live stream via its Gigabit Ethernet port. You can also control it locally by the buttons along the side of the camera.
The E2-S6 can be powered by a separately available battery using the built-in L-series battery mount, or you can power the camera using a separately available power adapter using its 2-pin LEMO port. The camera also features a 12 VDC 2-pin LEMO power output to provide power to separately available accessories.
Key Features of the Z-CAM E2-S6 EF Mount Super 35mm 6K Cinema Camera
- 6K @60fps* & 4K @100fps* max, 10-bit colour
- Super 35mm CMOS sensor
- 14 stops dynamic range
- ZRAW supported
- EF lens mount
- Gigabit Ethernet for data, control & live preview
- Full-metal housing for efficient heat dissipation
* In 2.4:1 aspect ratio
4K Capture and Recording
- Unburdened by a recording time limit, you can record 6K at up to 60 fps for up to the limit of your recording media's capacity
- CMOS sensor with 14 stops of dynamic range
- The camera supports ZRAW, REC. 709, Z-Log2, FLAT, and HLG
- H.265 (10-bit color) internal recording on CFast 2.0 cards
- 4K60, 10-bit 4:2:2 video output through HDMI 2.0 is supported
- Made from aluminum for strength and heat dissipation
- 2-pin LEMO 12 VDC power output
- Powers from included 2-pin LEMO 12 VDC adapter or optional L-series batteries
- White balance: Auto, preset, manual (2300 to 7500K)
- Focus modes: MF, AF, CAF
- Image: Brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness
- LUT: REC. 709, Z-Log2, FLAT, HLG
- Timecode: Current time, manual input
Interfaces and Expandability
- USB 3.0 Type-C for camera control and data transformation only
- Two serial ports for camera control
- Ethernet port for live view, control, and file transfer to the browser or a computer running Z CAM software
- LANC port for remote control including power on/off
Z Camera is a mobile application for camera live preview and control through 5G or 802.11n Wi-Fi. It allows you to start/stop recording and adjust the camera settings remotely, and also has advanced features on camera live preview.